Going clean is really hard during breakfast. I wanted something filling that wasn’t another omelet, so I tweaked this online find. And I must say for a clean/paleo breakfast these pancakes are delicious and filling!
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- pinch of salt
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ tablespoon nutmeg
- ¼ tablespoon clove
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons agave
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Coconut oil for cooking pancakes
- Heat a pancake griddle over medium heat.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk together wet ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add wet to dry ingredients and stir together.
- Add enough coconut oil to the pan to grease the center.
- Pour batter in approximately ¼ cupfuls onto pan and spread out into pancake shape (the batter will be a bit thick and need some help to form a circle)
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes on the first side, carefully flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes on the second side.
- Repeat with remaining batter, adding more coconut oil to the pan as needed
Serve with 100% pure maple syrup and coconut oil.