I am a HUGE salad fan but sometimes making salads at home is less exciting than getting the $12 salad when I’m out at a restaurant… I think the reason it’s so exciting is the fact that I didn’t have to make it… I digress, sometimes I get stuck in the rut of eating the same homemade salad over and over: Mixed greens, cucumber, tomatoes and balsamic vinegar. Yes it’s easy but it’s also Bor-ing. Please tell me I’m not the only one!
So if you’re looking for a new salad recipe that will fill you up and keep you full, the wait if over! The one and only Veggie Lisa and I collaborated again to bring to you one of her best salad recipes and homemade dressings.
Roasted Corn Garden Salad
- 4 cups arugula, washed and dried
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered (tri colored work well)
- 1 ½ cups roasted corn (place on cookie sheet, toss with olive oil and roast on low broil for 10-13 mintues, cool)
- 1 cup cucumbers, sliced thin
- 2 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- 1 cup tri colored quinoa, cooked according to package directions. Cool completely
- 2 large avocadoes, diced (optional)
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¾ cup plain nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
(mix together. Allow to chill for 1 hour before serving)
Place arugula in large serving bowl. Top with corn, tomatoes, red onions, cucumber slices and quinoa, add avocadoes (optional). Pour dressing on and mix right before serving. Enjoy!