I feel the most confident in my own skin when I am eating well, drinking plenty of water and have a soft and even skin tone without makeup on. I am also a licensed master esthetician (going on 13 years now) and I am passionate about helping others look and feel their best in their skin too. Sharing my favorite finds, best products, tips, and tricks of the tried and true will hopefully help you cut through the mediocre products and allow you to use the good stuff for the best results.
- Have you ever wondered how some women have flawless skin? In today’s post, I’m going to break down 5 habits that every woman with perfect skin already knows (unless she’s relying on amazing genetics). If you’ve been struggling to find a good balance or routine with your skin, keep reading…
- 1. They wash their face every night.
- This may seem basic but as a master esthetician, I found out that too many women don’t wash their face every night. When you choose not to wash off your makeup, you’re choosing to leave on all of the dirt, germs, sweat and who knows what else on to sit on your skin and expand your pores. Did you know that for every night you forget to wash your face, it ages your skin a week? This basic habit will help to keep your pores and skin looking better with consistency.
- 2. They Drink water, lots of it.
- The most common issues I see with skin care are usually due to not drinking enough water and not hydrating the skin from the inside out. I know they say drink 6-8 glasses of water a day, but I feel that would be on the low end of the hydration scale. I personally try to drink a gallon a day. I find that my skin looks and feels best when I avoid sugary sodas and other carbonated beverages too.
- 3. They use antioxidant infused moisturizers and treatment masks.
- Antioxidants protect the body from damage caused by harmful molecules called free radicals. Antioxidants include some vitamins (such as vitamins C and E), some minerals and the best sources of antioxidants are fruits and veggies. As important as it is to get them by eating and drinking them, it’s equally important to treat the skin externally with treatment masks and moisturizers. I have been loving the Trendous face masks because they are packed with antioxidants and infused with hydrating ingredients that will have your skin feeling refreshed and glowing in just 15 min. I would recommend using one these masks 2-4 times a month for best results, especially if you are wanting to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- 4. They don’t touch their face
- This is one that you probably didn’t think about before I mentioned it, but those who touch and pick at their faces, usually have worse skin. Wash your face, put your moisturizer/sunscreen on, makeup and then NO TOUCHY! The other part of this is that they wash their hands often. If you do have to touch, make sure you’re washing your hands. I don’t even want to think about all of the things our hands do and touch (without being washed) that go right onto our faces… gross!
- 5. They wear sunscreen 356 days a year
- “Many people feel they only need to protect themselves on sunny days or when visiting the beach,” says Dr. Debbie Palmer, a New York dermatologist. “…We need to protect our skin even when we’re driving a car, flying in an airplane, or running errands. It’s the daily UV exposure that contributes to the visible signs of aging.” The damage that comes from the UV rays when running errands, or sitting by the window. This one trick alone will help prevent the signs of aging better than any other! What kind of sunscreen is best? Choose a broad-spectrum sunscreen with a SPF of 30 or greater — and remember that it’s supposed to be reapplied every 2 hours (I’m not so great at the reapplying part).
There you have it. What are your best tips and tricks to having gorgeous skin? Tell me in the comments below!
If you came to my #PajamaGlamDanceParty then you probably got one of these GLORIOUS masks (mentioned in tip #3) in your swag bag! Did you like it? I’d love to hear your thoughts on one of my favorites 🙂